Where would you like to go?

Friday 30 September 2011

Ahoy Scallywags!

Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of making a cake for a special boy's 1st pirate birthday - Joaquin aka Wacky.  It was such a great party, with lots of fun-hearty games (for both children and adults), piratey-licious food, and arrrsome decorations!  My family and I had a jolly good time!

So, what cake did I create for this special day?  Well, a pirate ship of course!  Liz (Wacky's Mum) contacted me via FB a while back asking if I could make Wacky's 1st birthday cake.  She knew she wanted a pirate ship, but left me in full control of the design (which I thought was really nice and trusting of her).  I also made two dozen cupcakes as our gift to the birthday boy.

Now, before I reveal the pics, I have to say how much I enjoyed making this cake.  Definitely learnt so much in the process (which I heart).  And (as per usual) I ran outta time (even after eliminating sleep) so I had to work as quickly and efficiently as possible.  With that said, I was (and am) still very proud of the final outcome!   Here are the pics for you all to enjoy...

 Click to see more pics after the break...






And now for the beautiful family...
 ...and the birthday boy who could not wait to blow his candle...

Ah!  What a fun birthday that was!  Here are some shots my boys and I having fun!

Thanks for stopping by today guys!  Have a wonderful day and a fabulous weekend!  Go the Warriors and the All Blacks!  See you all again next week!

Blessings
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment