Where would you like to go?

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Project 'N'

Hi guys!  Today's post will be very short as my schedule this week is ca-razy!  Going through my collection of 'stuff' in the garage, I found a beautiful wooden frame I purchased on trademe last year for five bucks.  I didn't really know what I wanted to do with it at the time, I simply fell in love with its style and unique quality.

I am currently working on a secret project at home - my WALL OF FRAMES!  Okay, so now it's public knowledge!  One of the pieces I wanted to put up there was our family initial, which is the letter 'N'.  Then I thought, why not make a monogram out of scrapbook paper and put it in that wooden frame I love so much?  Don't you just love it when light bulbs start working?

So, I went through my scrapbook stuff and selected two vintage designs I wanted to use.  I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut away.  I didn't bother outlining the letter in pencil first, I was kinda in the moment so didn't want to disrupt my creative flow.  I just let my hand do the cutting and my eye do the guiding.  Stick that to another scrapbook paper and voila!  Project monogram complete!  And all within five minutes, if that.  Not bad, huh?


I love how something so simple can mean so much.  Adding personal touches to your decorations can really transform a house into a home, which I heart!

Click after the jump for more pics, including the detail-shots...



Here you can see the initial front on









A close up of my vintage scrapbook paper

Ah, love that frame!









And now, a sexy side view of it
I hope you guys enjoyed this post.  Be sure to share it with your family and friends.  Have a wonderful Wednesday!  See you again tomorrow!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment