Where would you like to go?

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Happy birthday Dave!!

On the weekend I had the pleasure of making a chocolate birthday cake for Dave.  His wife (my aunt), Tita Grace, asked me to make the cake 'chocolatey', so I decided to have a bit of fun with it.  I didn't use fondant on this cake, but instead melted some chocolate to create a 'fence' to wrap around the ganached chocolate cake.  I also embellished it with maltesers to add a bit of personality and crunch...nom nom nom.  I finished the cake off with a brown satin ribbon and kraft flags with 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!' handwritten on.  It was such a delightful cake to make, definitely different from my usual birthday cake requests.

Enjoy this warmed with freshly whipped cream...ahhh.

 Hope you liked today's cake feature!!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

xo,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment