Where would you like to go?

Friday 9 September 2011

Day 1 - Rugby World Cup 2011

Good morning peeps!  First of all, I'm sorry, I know I said I was going to share our Fathers' Day highlights with you today, but our broadband connection is super s-l-o-w, so I can't upload too many pics, etc.  I will just have to try again next week.

Today, I'll keep it short and sweet.  Are you wearing black or red today?  As you know, tonight's opening match will be NZ versus Tonga.  I swear it's bleeding out there!  There's red EVERYWHERE!  It's sooo nice to see so many Tongan supporters.  We even have Tongan ninjas!  If you don't believe me, check out the pics below..

My cousin (in-law) Dos was supposed to be one of them!  hehehe.  Now, I have to say, that's loyalty right thurr!  I absolutely love the Tongans and their culture.  I have so many Tongan friends and having had the opportunity to teach Tongan kids, as well as be part of our high school Tongan group three years in a row, I feel like I'm part Tongan.  However, I have to say, I'll be wearing black today.  Maybe with a little bit of red to support my Tongan friends, who knows :-)  I'm excited to see what the other nations come up with when it's their turn to play.  I love how creative people get!

If you're up for a short quiz to test your knowledge on the RWC, then click here.  My aunty emailed it to me just this morning.  My hubby forgot to eat his HUMBLE PIE today and emailed back boasting that he got 20/20 - LOL.

Anyway, the front of my house is a proud All Blacks supporter - I have the whole flag and bunting thing goin' on.  Not as cool as my neighbour's one, who actually has the bunting with all the flags on it, but still pretty cool.  My bunting's on the cheapo side - made of black rubbish bags and gift wrapping paper, hehehe.  When your budget is low, you tend to get crafty, hehe!

Before I go, I would like to greet my big brother a VERY HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY today!  What a great day to have it!  See you this weekend bro!!

That's it from me folks!  Have a wonderful Rugby day and see you all again next week!!!  Blessings!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment