Where would you like to go?

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Pearl Wedding Cake

Hi guys!  I'm baaack!  I hope you all enjoyed celebrating the Queen's birthday :-)  I had a lovely time with my family this long weekend, and I hope you did, too.  I know my last post was a very distant time ago {November 28, 2013 to be exact}, but trust me when I say that I have been here all along.  I have sooo many cakes and DIY projects I want to share with you that's just been sitting in my archives!  Life just kept getting busier and busier for me so keeping you all updated through my blog just became too much of a battle, which was why it came to a temporary halt.  So much has happened since my last post, and I plan on sharing them with you as I slowly get back into it...I will try :-D

Today, I am excited to show you a wedding cake I made a couple of months ago for a beautiful couple, Kerri and Hugh.  They wanted a two-tiered white cake {flavours white chocolate mud and lemon} with lots of pearl detailing.  There were hundreds of pearls I had to 'glue' onto this cake individually, and let me tell ya, that was no easy feat!!  Let's just say I had to go to the mall and get a neck/shoulder/arm massage because that's how sore I was after that!!  But it was truly worth it in the end.  What I ended up with was a beautiful and elegant looking wedding cake!  It was definitely something I was very proud of and was excited to give to the bride and groom.

So, without further ado, here is 'Pearl'.  Enjoy!



And here are some stunning professional photographs Kerri gave me and some kind words she shared...





Kerri Dewe, wedding 8 March 2014

"I had spent a bit of time going back and forth with Jackie on email (she was very accommodating!) and was really looking forward to seeing how our finished design was going to look.  I was very impressed with the finished product - I think it looked amazing and absolutely in the style we had discussed.  Best thing, it tasted just as good as it looked!!  Two different flavours, and both fantastic.  It really was a big cake (yes, it is all cake!), and I was sure that we would have heaps left over, as though we had a set menu, we had a big dessert buffet (as my husband Hugh is a huge sweet tooth - I also arranged Mr Whippy at the ceremony to tide him over until dinner!).  But it was so good that I had a small piece on the night, and Hugh completely missed out - completely devoured!  Thankfully my family had saved a piece for my grandmother who was unable to travel to Auckland, so he managed to share some of Nana's piece and have some of his own wedding cake.

Beautiful Jackie, thanks again."

You are very welcome Kerri and Hugh!  It was my pleasure making this cake for you.  Thank you for choosing me to be part of your special day :-)

I hope you enjoyed today's cake feature!  I can't wait to share many more with you soon!

Have a toasty Tuesday!!

xo,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment