Where would you like to go?

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Happy 30th birthday Max!!

Hey peeps!!  How was your weekend?  Hope you all had a wonderful time!!  It was my older brother's birthday yesterday and we had an amazing time eating yum cha and chillin' with family.  Will show you the cupcakes I made for him in the next post!  Right now I'd like to share with you a gluten-free chocolate cake I made for my friend Angelica, who was desperately looking for a birthday cake for her boyfriend.  She only contacted me days before she needed the cake, and she told me that the last time she bought a gluten-free chocolate cake was not a very pleasant experience.  She said they always struggle finding gluten-free anything.  Just as well, I had worked with gluten-free as well as egg-less cakes before for a little girl who's allergic to both, so having had this experience really helped.  Of course, I couldn't say no to her request, even though it was very short notice, I really wanted to help her out.

She looked through my cake gallery and found a couple that she liked.  She wanted me to incorporate this particular sprinkles from one cake, and this flag with the age and name from another.  The colour of the sprinkles have a personal meaning between her and her boyfriend, so that's why she had to have them on the cake.  I really didn't have time to take a photo with daylight {as I worked in the night and the cake was collected the following morning}.  So, the following pics were taken in the night with my phone.  Just as well, my current phone takes pretty decent pictures :-)

So, without further ado, here's Max's gluten-free birthday cake!  Enjoy!!



And here's a 'before' shot...
Notice anything different?  Nope?  It's pretty subtle, so I don't think many would notice, but this cake tapers at the bottom...see it?  Usually, my cakes are flat and even on the sides, but I wanted to try something different on this one, and I think I like it!!  For some reason, it makes the cake look bigger, too...or maybe it's just my tired eyes seeing things, hehe.  Anyway, I like it!!

Hope you enjoyed today's cake feature!!  Have an awesome day!!

xo,
Jackie

I received this pretty cool text from Angelica and just had to share it with you:
Hey hun, just wanna let u know that everyone loved your cake! My friend Halley is super picky about her food and she said your cake is the best gluten free cake she ever had, and she wants ur recipe! Haha! Thanks heaps, hope the rest of your weekend goes good! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment