Where would you like to go?

Tuesday 11 October 2011

A little monkey business

So, what is this monkey business about?  Well, on the weekend I had the pleasure of making my neighbours' youngest son's first birthday cake!  Wow, that was a mouthful!  Jordan (a.k.a. JJ) is a little cute monkey who just turned the big ONE!  He is super adorable and cuddly!  I was excited when Lisa (JJ's pretty Mama) knocked on my door a few weeks back asking if I would make his cake.  Uhmm, yeah man!  They are such lovely neighbours there was no way I was going to say no!

Lisa handed me a copy of the birthday invitation - pure cuteness!  I absolutely loved it that I used it as inspiration for this cake.  I really wanted to make this cake as close to the invitation as possible.   So, after a sleepless night (because I had a pretty busy weekend I couldn't work on it any sooner) this is what the cake ended up looking like!  I hope you like it!
























 Click after the break to see more pics...







 And here's a pic with the invitation...

Well, there you have it!  I hope you enjoyed this monkey business!  Have a wonderful Tuesday and see you all again tomorrow!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment