Where would you like to go?

Thursday 18 August 2011

SPCA Cupcake Day


That's right guys!  I am a proud supporter of this year's SPCA Cupcake Day and the image above is the official sticker I (along with all the other Cupcake Cooks) will be wearing when selling our cupcakes.  If you would like to find out more about this event or how you could help SPCA, then click here.

This is very exciting for me because this is my second charity event that I've been involved in this year.  I haven't mentioned this yet but earlier this year (as most of you fellow NZers would know) we had the most tragic earthquake happen in Christchurch.  This natural disaster took a lot of lives along with their hopes and dreams.  I was shocked when I heard the news and all I could do was pray for survivors.  I remember feeling really helpless and wondering what else I could do to help (apart from donating money online to Red Cross).   Then I stumbled upon a page on facebook set up by the lovely Delish Cupcakes in North Shore, Auckland.  They had organised a 'Get your bake on' for anyone to join and all money raised would go directly to those affected by the Christchurch earthquake.  I had both my hands up!!  What a lovely idea and a sweet gesture to show Christchurch that we are thinking of them.

It was a great day!  Lots of people turned up with their loose change and empty stomachs yearning for sweet treats.  I was one of the volunteer bakers and helpers on that day.  I even put my "I (heart) cake" t-shirt fit for the occasion, because it was Black and Red - the Canterbury colours.  I donated some delicious chocolate cupcakes and banana cupcakes with red and black daisies (again, using the Canterbury colours).  It was an awesome experience!  I got to meet so many lovely people, doing their bit to help out.  We made over $6k that day - what an incredible achievement!!

See pics after the jump...



Banana cupcakes

Chocolate cupcakes
A really cheesy shot, lol

Made friends that day

A 'sweet' day!!
Hope you enjoyed this post!  More sweet treats to come so stay tuned!  Enjoy this beautiful sunshine Aucklanders!  And to all our friends from all over the world, have a fabulous day!  See you again soon!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment