Where would you like to go?

Thursday 4 August 2011

Going down memory lane...

Good Thursday guys!  Hope you're enjoying the clear blue sky that is outside.  I am loving the warmer and sunshiney days we're being blessed with this week.  Definitely savouring them while they're here, because you know what Auckland weather's like.

Today is my Father-in-law's birthday!  So I'll be whipping up a little something sweet to present to him at our family dinner tonight.  I'll post pics up tomorrow!  I am excited because we're having authentic Malaysian food.  We've recently discovered this amazing restaurant that is delicious and well-priced (thanks to my lovely sis-in-law for introducing this wonderful place to us a couple of weeks ago).  It has won some awards, including the Best in the West in 2009.  Where is it?  It is in New Lynn, West Auckland, called Bunga Raya Restaurant.  I absolutely love the food, and yes, it tastes so authentic I feel like I'm in Malaysia again!  It definitely brings back some awesome memories from when I went to Kuala Lumpur (KL) as part of my Performing Arts (Dance Studies) degree, where a group of us (we called ourselves 'Mango Jammin') represented New Zealand for the TARI International Festival of Dance 2007, (ASWARA).  Good times!!  While we're on that subject, let's take a little trip down memory lane to my life as a dancer.  Enjoy!
Just arrived and already immersing ourselves in the Malaysian culture.  Of course, first stop was FOOD!  Ah, so yum-ehh!!

More pics after the jump...
My journey as a dancer to the beautiful Malaysia...
There is no specific quota when it comes to the taxis...just fit as many as you can and you're sweet as.

That's me applying fake lashes and make-up on my friend, preparing for our final performance.

EXHAUSTED from all the dancing!  We did workshops everyday, and hardly any breaks in between.  Ah, the life of a dancer!

That's me performing a (solo) contemporary piece choreographed  by my friend Alley Williams.

This was the coolest thing!  My friend Carlene and I had cold milo-in-a-bag!  Now that's something you don't see everyday.  It was delish!

More squeezing in taxis, trying to get to as many attractions in KL as possible.  Had to make the most of our free time y'know!

This shot was taken in the entry lounge of our hotel (Dynasty hotel).  We were about to go and check out the night scene.

Backstage with our fresh frangipani leis that us girls made that day!  We found beautiful frangipani trees while walking the streets of KL everywhere!!  We picked hundreds for our show and gave them to members of the audience during our performance.  What a special night that was!
Gosh, I can't believe that was 4 years ago!  What beautiful memories!  Thanks for travelling back in time with me.  I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did.  Be sure to drop by again tomorrow for my Father-in-law's cake reveal!  I'll be keepin' it old school and traditional.  Enjoy soaking up the sun!


Peace!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment