Where would you like to go?

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Happy 5th Birthday Lauriana!!

I am sooo excited to share today's cake feature with you!!  I made this cake in the weekend for a special girl named Lauriana {a.k.a. Lolly}!  She is such a sweetie pie and I can't believe she turned FIVE!!  I can still remember the fairy cake I made for her last year...and now, she's a WONDER WOMAN!! :-D

Like I hinted on facebook in the weekend, I made a superhero girl cake!  I was beyond excited when I found out that this was what the Princess Lolly chose for her cake this year, because I have only ever made superhero boy cakes!!  I put a lot of thought into this cake {well, just like all my cakes, but this one even more}, starting by googling images of wonder woman herself.  I actually didn't google any cakes, as I wanted to create my own design.  After doodling on a piece of paper, I finally found a design I liked and was looking forward to creating.  I wanted to incorporate as much WONDER WOMAN as I possibly could, including all the important elements {head piece, WWsymbol on her top, shorts, etc}.  So without further ado, here it is...enjoy!!

The following photos were taken using my Samsung SII phone {my Canon is a little under the weather at the mo and wasn't able to produce good quality photos :-(}...


Front

Back




Lauriana's very own WW cupcake xo
And here's a progress shot of the cake!!


Hope you enjoyed today's cake feature!!  Have an awesome day!!

xo,
Jackie

P.S.  Don't forget to place your orders for this week's PINKALICIOUS OCTOBER fundraiser for the NZ Breast Cancer Foundation!!  Buy half a dozen or one dozen and one-third will go towards the NZBCF!!  Come on guys, let's help the women we love by buying these yummy cupcakes!!  For more info, click on the events tab on the home page or visit the event on facebook.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment