Where would you like to go?

Thursday 22 December 2011

Bakin', cakin'...

I apologise for not posting anything yesterday.  I was up to my elbows with baking and didn't even sleep (no kidding, I went from Tuesday to Wednesday without sleep)  just to do a last minute cake request for a family friend.  Prior to that I also had some cupcakes to make for a friend, so there was no way I could have paused for a moment to blog.

Before I show you pics of the cake I made for yesterday, here are some pics of the cupcakes!  Enjoy!!



Now, you're probably wondering what kind of last minute cake I made?  Here's a clue...

And, just because I can, I won't show you the cake until after the break (hehe, I know, I'm being mean, but I'm just havin' fun!)...go on click on 'read more' below...



As promised...here's the IPAD cake for Joaquin who turned FIVE yesterday!!  He wanted an Ipad cake!  But wait, there's more, he wanted his favourite game, Angry Birds, there as well, so I had to incorporate that somewhere on the cake...so icon it was!!

The icons were hand-painted




I am very pleased with the end result, even without taking into consideration that this was a last minute cake request.  Sure, there are certain details I would have loved to have invested more time in, but time I did not have.  The best thing is, this cake made it to its destination via courier without any glitches - can I get an AMEN with that?!  God is great, huh?

Well, I hope you enjoyed today's post!  Hopefully it made up for my absence yesterday (sorry again).  See you tomorrow for some DIY stuff before I knock off for the Christmas holidays!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment