Where would you like to go?

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Autobots, roll out!

My ALL-TIME  favourite Transformer has got to be the one and only...
BUMBLEBEE

He is cute and sexy at the same time!  That's right, I said sexy - when he is in car form...I likey that Camaro, woweee!!

Okay, enough of that...let's talk CAKE!!  Yesterday I told you that everyday this week I will be posting up my BLAST FROM THE PAST cake creations...even though I only started this yesterday, we could count Monday's Mid-winter Christmas cake as DAY 1, meaning this would be DAY 3!  I hope that made sense to you...it did in my head, hehe.

This beastie cake was made for Joaquin for his 4th birthday last December.  I didn't have an actual helmet to work off, so it was pretty hard to get all the details around the cake.  I think I made some of them up!  Well, the face was my priority.  I wanted to replicate Bumblebee as best I could, working off pictures I took of an actual toy helmet from Toy World.  I couldn't get shots of the sides and the back because of the packaging, and I wasn't about to pay $100 for one either (that's how much it was at the time).

I didn't really know how long it would take for me to complete this cake.  However, I can remember not sleeping. It took a verrry looonnnggg time (yawns), but super pleased with the outcome!  The birthday boy was sooo happy with his cake that he didn't want to cut it - that's gotta be worth-it!

Enjoy the pics guys!  And remember to stay tuned for more of my BLAST FROM THE PAST cake creations this week!


 More pics after the jump...


Joaquin blowing his 4th birthday candle xo

No comments:

Post a Comment