Where would you like to go?

Saturday 23 July 2011

Vintage inspired birthday cake

Good morning guys!  Sooo happy to be waking up to a sunshiny day, it really gets me in a chirpy mood.  :-)  Just wanted to share with you all a small cake I made for my dear Mother's birthday a few days ago.  Now, I wish I had more time to decorate this wee beauty because I had all these ideas for it - but time wasn't on my side (with only about an hour to work with).

Hmm...what to do, what to do?  I definitely wanted a vintage theme, so had to have ruffles somewhere there...perhaps some brown-y, gold-y tones?  Ruffle flower?  Buttons?  Okay, I think this might just work.

After bouncing ideas around in my head, then realizing I was cutting into my precious time, I had to just start making it happen...whatever IT may have been...I was still changing my mind IN my mind - OH EM GEE!  Now, I wasn't too worried about the imperfections at this stage because I really had no time to make it perfect PLUS I thought it suited the whole vintage theme anyway, so it was sweet as!  The family didn't care so much about how it looked anyway because they were too busy devouring this rich chocolate goodness!  Here are some pics for y'all to enjoy!


Hope you enjoyed this post and don't forget to share it with your family and friends!  Have a fab weekend guys!!  See you again soon!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment