Where would you like to go?

Thursday 7 July 2011

Sprinkles sprinkles sprinkles!

Hi guys!  I am super happy right now because I will be going on a little 4day vacation with my family as of tomorrow, so I thought I'd post something that expresses how I'm feeling inside - COLOURFUL SPRINKLES!  This is truly making my heart go giddy-up!

Another reason why I'm sooo happy is because my brother's second son was finally born yesterday!  YIPEEE!!  Still haven't met him, and it may have to wait til I get back next week, but I couldn't resist making these cute little cupcakes and a tiny cake to go with it, to celebrate his arrival.  It's also a treat for my brother's wife who has been phenomenal throughout the entire pregnancy up until baby's arrival.  Funny story about the cake though...I was taking pics of it last night and as I was packing up I accidentally dropped it!!!  AARRRGGHHH!  Luckily it landed on my dining table, so I was able to save it.  It didn't end up looking like the first one, but I think the little sprinkle explosion did the trick.  Hehe.  Enjoy the pics and have a fantastic weekend!!

Before I dropped it -

After a quick fix (and not bothering about putting the cute balloon backdrop anymore) -

As you can see I didn't bother with piping a rose design on top anymore, nor did I bother with the lines around the cake.  I simply used my offset spatula and smoothed everything out and chucked a whole lot of sprinkles.  I even added a candle to it.  :-)


Here's a close up of the cupcakes that I also made to accompany the cake.

Thanks for looking and hope to see you all again next week!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment