Where would you like to go?

Thursday 12 July 2012

Happy 21st birthday Kathleen!!

생일축하합니다 (saengil chukha hamnida) 


That means Happy Birthday in Korean!  Reason behind it is because Kathleen loves watching her Korean drama (aka Kdrama), and recently I've been hooked!  So we are slowly learning how to speak Korean, hehe.  


It was her birthday yesterday and we celebrated with the whole family at Genghis Khan (this Mongolian restaurant in Northcote).  I wish I had eaten more but I really didn't have any room in my tummy!!!  Gosh, I'm sure we were the loudest there!  With kids running around turning the restaurant into a playground by the end of the evening (lol) and us adults yarning away as if we were in our home.  Surely they wanted to kick us out, hehe.


No birthday without cake, right?  So I quickly whipped up a cake for Kathleen that day, and only put it together moments before we had to leave for the restaurant.  It was stressful!!  Haha.  Because I didn't know what I was going to do with the little time that was available to me.  My cousin Criselda and I originally thought of making a cartoon version of Gu Jun Pyo (this character played by Lee Min Ho in the Korean drama 'Boys over flowers')...
{Source}
{Source}
{Source} - 'Boys over Flowers'
...but we only had minutes so that wasn't going to happen.  Instead I went for something more simple but 'wild' :-)  Here it goes...a zebra patterned chocolate cake sprinkled with rainbow dust for some glitz and glam!!  Perfectly suited for our birthday girl.



Kathleen with her cake
Love this shot!  She looks like a star!! :-)
Hope you enjoyed today's post!!  See you back here tomorrow!!


xo,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment