Where would you like to go?

Wednesday 15 February 2012

BMX Birthday for Tristan!!

First of all, belated Happy Valentine's for yesterday!  I didn't post anything because I was busy spending quality time with my boys in the day, and my man in the night.  I hope your day was filled with sweet laughter and lotsa hugs and kisses!  xo

Ok, so a couple of weeks ago we celebrated my nephew Tristan's 10th birthday.  He wanted a BMX track cake for his birthday, so that's what he got :-)  I'm like the cake fairy that grants cake wishes (within reason, of course, hehe).  So this is what I came up with, after googling real track images (because there were hardly any track cakes I really liked online).

So, here it is, my very first BMX track cake.  Enjoy!!




One of the best things about this cake was that it didn't have to be perfect.  It's supposed to be rough and 'dirty'.  Another great thing about this cake was, there was no fondant involved!  What a nice break from that stuff I tell ya!  No smoothing!

This cake was gone within seconds, literally!  There were a few guests that didn't even get to taste the cake at all.  Well, at least there was no cake wasted :-)

Click after the break to see the birthday boy and some highlights on the BMX track...


My nephew Tristan with this birthday cake
With his best friend


Cake time!!

Track time!!

Tristan with some of his cousins and his sister Chanel

Love this pic of the whole fam!!  It was done with the self-timer on my camera :-)
Well, there you have it!  Tristan's 10th birthday highlights!  Hope you enjoyed looking at the photos.  Will post my twins' birthday highlights before the week ends!!  So stay tuned.

Have a wonderful day!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment