Where would you like to go?

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Farewell Ritchie!

{This is a late post by the way}.

Last month I had the privilege of making a special farewell cake for my sister-in-law's bf, who was leaving NZ on his quest to pedal across Africa in 8 months.  Yup, you read right.  I am not even kidding.  How amazing is that, huh?  That's just inspiring stuff right there!  If you would like to know more, or follow his journey, you can visit him on his blog here.

Now, back to the cake.  Tele wanted to surprise Ritchie with a special cake that would best represent what he's leaving NZ to do.  Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.  Enjoy xo

First I started with a map of Africa.

To those who couldn't see the gif above ^, here's a still version...
Please do excuse the poor quality of the final photos.  They were taken on my phone at a low-lit Thai resto.



That's him in the middle, lol.  It was a fun night!!
Well, I hope you all enjoyed today's cake feature.  I still have sooo much more cake and DIY to share with you, but I've had a sick bubba and life has been jam-packed lately.  My family will ALWAYS come before the blog, so if I seem absent from time to time, it doesn't mean I don't love you anymore, it just means I'm busy with life and will be back soon.

I will definitely try my best to post as much as I can this week in order to catch up on months missed.  Until then, stay warm and keep smilin'!

Have a toasty Tuesday!!

xo,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment