Where would you like to go?

Monday 16 January 2012

Happy 8th birthday Chanel!!

Good morning everyone!!  I have to say, it's nice to finally feel summery again!  We've had nothing but rain lately so it's such a breath of fresh air to wake up to sunshine!  Lovin' it!!

Today I wanted to share with you a special cake I made for my niece Chanel's 8th birthday.  On the weekend we celebrated her birthday with family and friends and of course dogs!  She loves dogs and any kind of animal really.  She wanted a dog theme, so that's what she got!  My sister Jamie and her husband Stanley really did an amazing job organising this doggy birthday, even with the predictably unpredictable Auckland weather causing them to move the party later in the afternoon, they still managed to pull it off.  Well done guys!!  Everyone had a wonderful time!!

Back to the cake...originally I was going to make a Chanel bag with a dog in it.  But then I changed my mind and ended up with a Chanel bag (that's totally made up btw) and a dog in a round box.  Here are some pics for you to enjoy!!



And here is the awesome dessert table we set up!
The cupcakes and dog sugar cookies were made by my talented sister-in-law Gaile.  She also let us borrow the awesome beehive drink dispenser for our cordial juice.  Looks great!!

Click after the break to see more pics of the birthday!!

Time to make a wish, blow the candles and cut the cake!!



Now, what's underneath all that??  Let's see shall we...
Epic rainbow cake, that's what!  Yummmmm!!
The cakes were rainbow with white chocolate swiss meringue buttercream and chocolate mud with chocolate ganache.

Hope you enjoyed this doggy post!!  See you again some time this week for more good times!  Oh, and before I go I'd like to end with this cute pic of my doggy parents...enjoy!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment