Where would you like to go?

Friday 16 November 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Hunter!!


Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba...
Sithi uhm ingonyama
{Source}

Like my intro?  It's the actual Zulu words from the Lion King intro song {yes, I googled it because trying to work out how to spell the words is just too much for my sleepy brain today, hehe}.  I am sooo excited to share today's cake feature!  I made it yesterday for my friend Moka, who by the way has been one of my most loyal clients since I first started caking!  I swear she's so wonderful and always keeps challenging me with new themes for her very lucky nieces and nephews.  Today's cake is for her nephew Hunter.  She is travelling to Taupo {by bus} with his cake, so fingers crossed there aren't too many bumps along the way!

Moka originally asked for a farm theme, then changed it to Lion King, featuring Simba.  She didn't say what she wanted, so I really enjoyed sketching out ideas and seeing which one would be the best.  I think what I came up with was pretty cool!  Hope ya like it!!



And here are some close ups of the details.  The silhouettes took forever to cut out, but totally worth it!!

And here's a progress pic of the tree silhouette...

And different angles of the cake...


Hope you liked today's cake feature!!  Got more in store for you next week guys, so stay tuned!!

xo,
Jackie

By the way, a big congratulations {again} to Pauline and Angelica {winners of my Pinkalicious October event for The NZ Breast Cancer Foundation}.  They get these yummy chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment